Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm baaaack!!



Returned from another trip out to the Las Vegas Institute. Came in on the red eye and I am so paying for it today. I was seated next to the most petrified person! This guy was terrified to fly. The minute we sat down he informed me of his fear and went on to let me know that he may stop breathing during take off. I thought I would be able to close my eyes and just go to sleep, but he was losing it! I spent the five hour flight talking to him and trying to comfort him with distraction. We both made it and I'm really looking forward to getting to bed early tonight!!
We had a great time once again at LVI. This course really brought me back to college days with a lot of science!! We've really made some great friends out there amongst the faculty and other teams that are attending. Everyone's friendly and it's great to catch up with each other on changes.
Sophia is looking forward to the start of 2nd grade on Sept. 5th and Fred is on the mend again! He still has fluid in the lung, but the rib pain is decreasing some and he gets around the house with a cane now. He still needs the walker when he leaves the house, but we're getting there.
Seems that referrals are slowing down again. This month only brought them up to matching through July 22, 2005. It could take them until the end of Sept. or Oct. to get through the rest of July and then we have to wait our turn in August. So, we're still patiently waiting. This just tells us that we will definitely not only have to go through the FBI fingerprints again, but we will also have to renew our immigration paperwork as well as update our homestudy.

0 comments:

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive