Monday, December 25, 2006

Counting down!





































We are counting the days until we leave to come home! We are really enjoying everything here, but miss everyone and are also looking forward to getting settled and into a routine at home. Those of you at work, I can't tell you how much I miss my Hydrofloss!!








We really liked the budhist temple yesterday. It was beautiful. Fred & Sophia climbed to the top of the temple. The monk pictured with me is the one that performed our ceremony and blessed the babies.
Alena LOVES to eat these little tangerines that are only grown in the Guangdong province here in China. She eats four of them a day. A monk handed her one yesterday while I had her on me in the carrier. About 30 seconds later I felt something dripping. She had peeled it and was just munching away at it!! Too funny. She loves her food. For breakfast today she had watermelon, tangerine, banana, french toast, sweet potato puffs and a green olive!








Pics are from the temple, breakfast and a playdate in the hallway!!








Love,








Jenni

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Buddhist monk pictures, Jenni! Did you know I grew up around them for most of my childhood? Oh the stories and memories that come back when I see that orange robe.

How sweet to see Jenni lighting the sticks - she really is absorbing the culture, isn't she? I'm so glad this is how you're spending your Xmas vacation!

Angela said...

Look at Alena with her big grin! How adorable is she? I can tell you are going to have many happy days with her at home. :)

Cindy said...

You all make a beautiful family!!! I can't wait for you all to be safe and sound in your home! Merry Christmas!!!

sherry said...

What an amazing journey, and a very beautiful little girl. I wish you the very best. Alena is sure lucky to have you and your family.

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive