Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Official & Exhausted!
































Sorry I didn't post yesterday! We are sooo tired!








We indeed told the officials yesterday that after the 24 hour "Harmonious Period", that "Yes, we would like to keep her."!! So, the adoption was finalized yesterday and then we also visted the most beautiful park I have ever seen here in Nanning. It's called "People's Park" and it's amazing. So serene. There are people all over excersing, singing, playing instruments, reading, playing games, practicing tai chi, etc.. It's pristine. Sophia has been getting mauled by people wanting their picture taken with her, just wanting to take her picture, picking her up, etc. One woman in the grocery store made us wait while she went to get her boyfriend to see her~ It's the long blonde hair. She was creeped out by it in the beginning, but has gotten used to it. I think she's considering charging a fee for the rest of the adventure!








We went shopping in Walmart today and then went back to People's Park for a couple of hours. We decided to eat Pizza Hut in our room and relax a little tonight.








Alena has pretty much been keeping to her sleeping and eating schedule that her foster mom provided. She did a role reversal yesterday and now will not separate from me. It's hard to get things done. Finally this evening Fred took her on the floor with all of her toys and we just let her cry it out for a few minutes while I did some things and eventually she stopped and played just fine. Let me tell you that she is BUSY!! She doesn't sit still! She cracks people up with her hair and her grin~it's priceless.








Thank you Kohler's for taking great care of our pets and thanks to everyone for your posts. We love reading them. I try to get them published as soon as possible. Keep them coming!








Love to all~








Jenni

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY ALENA PERNA!!! CONGRATULATIONS FRED JENNI AND SOPHIA.. WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU.. I CAN HARDLY SLEEP THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.. HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS... LOVE YOU,
AUNT CHRIS

Anonymous said...

Jen, we just love the pictures and updates thanks. It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. I was so in awe of your posts the first couple of days I forgot to comment on them sorry. We are so happy it is official, have fun.
Love Dad, Sher, Aaron,Dan and Lily

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I am so glad you are official and maybe now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your time in China. She is quite the cutie and Sophia will be a terrific big sister! I am glad that Alena is bonding with all of you. Grace and I have been bonding! I can't wait to see all of you! Have fun and have a safe trip back!! Miss you!!

P.S. I think Sophia should charge she could pay for your trip! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats again you guys! She is so beautiful! You all look so happy in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! Alena is just a beautiful baby and you all look perfect together! I can't wait until you guys are home, I am dying to hear all about it from you personally! I hope you all have a wonderful time together for the rest of your trip. Congrats again to you all! ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

That's so funny that Sophia is getting used to the attention. Smart girl wanting to charge for it! I'm so happy for you guys!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive