Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Alena Mei!!









Miss Alena had a wonderful 1st birthday today with a few friends and relatives. I didn't want it to be too overwhelming for her and she did great. She had a good time with the tissue paper from her gifts and enjoyed her Hello Kitty birthday cake!
She let Aunt Denise do quite a bit with her, played around with Bernie, Tracy & CJ a lot and let a couple of people hold her.
I got a bit emotional this morning as I started to think about Alena's birth parents and the emotions that they may be experiencing on the 1st anniversary of her birth. I can't begin to imagine the what they felt when she was born, the day they left her for someone else to care for and the days after.
We are thankful for her creation and that we were blessed with her to love and nurture forever. She is amazing.
Love,
Jenni
P.S.~ Enjoy the pics! "Charlie" figures if Alena's not going to spend much time in the playpen he will!

DONNA~ The picture of Kevin holding Alena is just for you!! LOL~we'll be over soon to visit! It may not look like it in that pic, but she was having a ball playing around with him! Such a tease!

7 comments:

D said...

How great! The day you met her! Christmas in China! First birthday! What a great couple of weeks it's been for you all!

Angela said...

Beautiful pictures. I am glad that you were able to celebrate this special day with your new little princess. She is just too precious.

Anonymous said...

Her birthday pictures are wonderful ...I see several teeth shinning through...Your mother told me Alena is bonding with her and I can't wait to see her also.. Love to all....Auntie Kathy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Happy Birthday Alena!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Alena!!!! Alana celebrated her 2nd on the 6th.

I am so beyond jealous of my husband you have no idea. I wanted to give to time to settle before I started pestering you to let me meet Miss Alena. Now Kev and Victoria have met her and I am still waiting!!!!! Alana looks at Alena's pics and says "Alana" she thinks they are pictures of herself. Too cute. So glad she is doing so well. We are truly blessed. Alana needed a lot of TLC due to her malnutrition and developmental delays but I loved every minute of nuturing her. Miss Alena came raring to go so I am sure you have your hands full. Alana is a little "tornado" now and developmentally on target. What an amazing year it has been for us all. Call me, I can't wait for the girls to meet. I can't wait to meet Miss Alena Mei!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious girl! Happy 1st birthday, Alena!

Anonymous said...

IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TO BE ABLE TO BE THERE FOR ALENA'S FIRST BIRTHDAY.. WHAT A BLESSING SHE IS.. SOPHIA IS BEING AN AWESOME BIGSISTER.. GOOD JOB SOPHIA.
LOVE, AUNT CHRIS

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive