Sunday, April 29, 2007

Life is Good



























Everyone has been healthy until yesterday. Alena has a cough and I think a sore throat. She had a tough time today off and on, but slept well last night. As a result we missed Carolyn and Ty's wine tasting party. : ( (We all know how much I enjoy my wine!!) HOPEFULLY you didn't all drink it all and there are some bottles set aside for me!!
We are all enjoying the off and on spring weather.
We had a great time celebrating Sophia's 8th birthday last weekend! Nana and Papa took us all out for her annual birthday dinner at Bugaboo Creek on Friday night, her Magical Fairy birthday party was Saturday and Sunday we went on a shopping spree in ToysRus!!
We spent some time visiting with the Ronk's and Palen's on Sunday also. It was so nice to see everyone.
Sophia wanted to celebrate Earth Day as well on Sunday, so when we went for our evening walk, she brought along a garbage bag and picked up litter along the way. Have I mentioned what a great kid she is??!! I am always so proud of her. She has been surprising me on our walks with her jogging also. We usually alternate walking/jogging and she has not only been keeping up, but initiating a lot more of the jogging!! She'll be leaving me behind before long.
Alena LOVES to be outdoors, so this is going to be a great season. She has been running around the back yard enjoying herself with balls and pushing around her car instead of riding in it. I have to start bringing my camera outside with us.
Denise and I took the kids out for chinese the other night and Alena was quite entertaining. She likes to dip the crunchy noodles and then feed them to everyone but herself! Aunt Denise even accepted a few soggy ones that I would have a hard time with!! She ate some lo mein, pork, scallions and tried some broccoli. Sophia and Jordan are compaining to save "Old Okey". Too funny. It's an old oak tree at their school. Evidently he may have to come down and they are not happy about that. They made necklaces and hand held trees, yelled out the van window on our way to Ming Jei's to "Save Old Oakey" and then brought their gear into the restaurant!
~I have put together two video montages of Alena. The first one is her crawling our first morning together in China, playing with her finger puppet from David, Liza & Sofia and all of us "singing"!
The second is somewhat annoying- I can't rotate it! She is playing, dancing, loading her bottle up with cereal and blowing raspberries!
~Hope you enjoy the pics and videos. Pictures are from the chinese restaurant and Sophia's birthday mainly!
Love to all,
Jenni








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jenni,
Cute photos! Alena is getting so big. Happy 8th Birthday to Sophia.
Donna

Bella's Mommy said...

Jenni...love the pictures and video. It didn't even matter to me that it was sideways. I had a big smile on my face the whole time. What a cutie pie, Miss Alena is!!

As for our little activist, Miss Sophia...I am all about a good cause!! If I lived closer, I would definitely need a necklas and maybe a t-shirt to wear to help them in their quest for saving the tree....

......."Long live old oakey!!!"....

Cindy said...

Those girls of yours are priceless!!! I love those pictures!

B-squared said...

Happy Birthday, Sophia! (Are you sure she's only 8? What a great sis and a great Earth citizen!)
The videos were great. The girls have changed so much in such a short time. I loved seeing Alena sing and watching her smoochy face!

Angela said...

Great pictures and videos. Both girls are beautiful. Sophia has such a huge heart, I can see that she will go far in life helping others.

Lisa said...

Hey Happy Birthday Sophia!!

I hope you had a great day. Let me know if "Old Oakey" still lives. Not only are you beautiful on the outside, but your even more beautiful on the inside.

Alena is the cutest little thing. Keep the pics coming.

Talk with you soon.

Lisa

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive