Monday, June 18, 2007

Slowing down





























Feels good to slow things down for a bit. Voice lessons and Brownies have ended for Soph and today is her last full day of school. Sophie did great in their end of the year musical. It was cute! We went out for dinner and ice cream afterwards.
This past week was my last trip out to Vegas for quite a while and I have to say that the flight home was NOT fun!! I do my best to make the best of things and to try to find the positive in whatever I can, but when two smelly, grumpy men have you pressed up against a window for five hours while they argue and suck on lollipops to supress their urge to smoke, I have difficulty finding the bright side!!!!
Needless to say, I arrived home very tired. The kids were away camping, so I got a nap in and then Fred and I had a nice dinner with Bernie and Tracy on the waterfront.
Dee and I did a little sightseeing while in Vegas since we sun poisoned our selves and couldn't spend another second in the sun (LOL!). We visited the lions in MGM Grand and toured M&M's World. Doc made fun of my sunglasses, saying they were too big, so I purchased a HUGE pair of bright red ones and wore them for most of the last day out there and while in the airport. The looks were too funny!
Fred with some help from Bernie and George did an awesome job creating a playground for the girls. They have been loving it!! It really is cool and looks great out back also.
Hope everyone has a wonderful season!!
Love to all,
Jenni

7 comments:

Don and Sher said...

Playground looks great, nice job Fred. Hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but a wicked sunburn comes home!
love ya
Dad

Cindy said...

The playground is really great. Your whole yard is fantastic. I'm sorry your flight home sucked. That would be so annoying. Those girls are super sweet!!!

Unknown said...

Great Pics! Luv the sun glasses!!Back yard looks like a great place for summer fun for Sophia & a world of trouble to get into for Miss Alena! LOL
Donna

B-squared said...

Fred is quite handy in the yard. It looks great!
And I'm very glad you explained the sunglasses photo! ;-)
Have a great summer!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the back yard....looks like a great place to spend the day...can't wait to see you all and your beautiful yard. The girls will have lot of fun playing there. Sounds like your trip was fun with a rough ride home.....see you soon...Hugs and kisses to the girls......Love Aunt Kathy

Lisa said...

Love the pics. Love your backyard. I want to move now!!! lol


Have a great summer.


Lisa

Bella's Mommy said...

Hi Jenni,

Just love the pond and play area. I can tell you spend a lot of time outdoors.

I just love that picture of the girls. They are both such cuties!!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive