Monday, August 20, 2007

"We're Here"!!






















Oh, it was priceless. You should have seen the girls faces and heard the laughter in the van.


From the top: Mom, my Aunt Kathy, Sophie, Alena their cousin Sarah and myself load up the van and head to the Pocono mountains in search of the Great Wolf Lodge (http://poconos.greatwolflodge.com/) a couple of weeks ago.
Aunt Kathy had printed directions from Mapquest and I had the GPS. As we get pretty close BOTH sets of directions tell us to take this VERY sharp right turn off of a main road. Make the turn and there is a very old gate that is open with a sign that is so faded that you can't read it anymore. "Must be in these woods ahead somewhere. After all it is in the Pocono Mountains!" I thought to myself as Mom and Aunt Kathy were saying "It CAN'T be in here!"
The directions lead us on VERY narrow and winding roads until we reached the summit!! I am not kidding, we were headed down the steepest narrow hill and I thought my Aunt was going to die. She said, "You're not going to go down there are you?" I said "That's what the directions say. It must be down there and after all, we're in MOM'S van. "!! LOL
We reached the bottom of the hill, my GPS friend said turn left and the little victory flag appeared on the screen and she said "ARRIVED AT DESTINATION."
I was CRACKING UP inside as I put the van in park and said to the kids with a straight face "We're here. Which one do you want to stay in?". Sophia looked out the window and said "Mommy, can we just go home?"!!
We were facing a small circle of four old camping trailers. One camper's occupants were outside, so I rolled down the window to see if they were familiar with the Great Wolf Lodge. A woman started walking toward us and I believe she had as many teeth as the baby that the other woman was holding! She was also being followed by a black lab, a chocolate lab and a yellow lab!! (all soaking wet from the "crick" that ran behind the camper!!
Well, low and behold (!) she had never heard of the place, but "Wait, her husband might know."
He comes from behind the camper turning off his CHAINSAW with his bare belly. I swear the whole seen was like straight out of a movie! After the nice man gave us directions, my Aunt teased him that he was almost stuck with us for a couple of nights. He replied, "Well, it is pretty nice campin' here."!! LOL Too funny!!!
We thanked him, and were on our way. (Although Aunt Kathy wouldn't let me go back UP the hill that we came down!)
In the end the Great Wolf Lodge was AWESOME!!! We all had so much fun. The waterpark is incredible and us adults had as much fun as the kids! Sarah and Sophie had a blast with Magiquest too. Miss Alena marched around the kiddie pool like she owned the place and she loved the kiddie slides!
We will definitely be returning for some more fun.
Love to all and enjoy what's left of summer!
Jenni

6 comments:

Cindy said...

OMG that is the funniest story ever!!! The pictures look awesome! There is a resort opening soon in Washington that I want to take the boys too!

I'm glad the trip was a success!

Don and Sher said...

The Beverly Hillbillies Meet Dazed and Confused, with your mom and aunt Kathy leading the way, I wouldn't go to far without the GPS
Dad

Unknown said...

OH! I want to take the boys there! That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you made it out of that first stop all in one piece!

Anonymous said...

Jenni, To funny.....it sure was great fun though and can't wait for our next adventure......Sarah had such an awsome time and really misses the girls.....LOVE AUNT KATHY

Lisa said...

Hey Jenni,

The girls are beautiful !!!!

Sounds like my kind of adventure!!!

Maybe after our next adoption (more on this later) :) we'll check it out.

Enjoy the rest of your summer. I can't wait for 9/5 it's back to school time !!!!!

Lisa

B-squared said...

How funny!
Looks like it was a good time (once you got there!) :-)

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive