Friday, October 19, 2007

Potty Talk


Wednesday morning, Miss Alena and I headed to Target to purchase her a new potty!! Yes, the time has come. She is happy to tell me when she is "PU", by walking around with her nose plugged, so I figure she can grasp the concept of the potty.
So, as we are heading down the "potty aisle", I said with great excitement "Are we going to get you a new potty?!" (in annoying mommy to toddler tone) Alena shook her sweet head and said, "Nuh Uh." A bystander mommy chuckled.
About a half an hour later, I narrowed it down to a nice basic model. No annoying/distracting music or flushing sound and no need for an attached toilet paper holder. (She already knows it's located on the wall and she's had PLENTY of practice unraveling it!!)
We make our way through the checkout and the cashier said to her, "Is this YOUR new potty?!!" (Same tone, she must be a mom too!) Alena politely shook her head no and said, "Nuh Uh."
So far, she thinks it makes a great seat while watching mommy do her hair, etc. and she loves to take the little potty part out and walk around the house "stirring" it with her plastic spoons. I ask her if she's making soup and she nods her head and continues on her way. So for now, we have a new little stove in the bathroom. : )
Love to all,
Jenni

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.
Denise

Angela said...

She is too funny. She is a samrtie and will grasp it fast I bet!

Don and Sher said...

Thank God I never dealt with that thanks to your mother
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Fred, Jen, Sophia, Alena: The photos are great! I love Alena's hair long. Congratulations to Sophia. Not only is she beautiful, but she's smart too (smile)! I'll keep watching.

B-squared said...

Love it! What a great story. Here's hoping you get some real use out of it soon. :-)
(Not much progress in that regard around here. K used to ask to sit on the potty every now and then, so I'd put her up there. She actually went once! But she looked so startled about it all that she hasn't asked since!)
Take care!

Anonymous said...

jenni,
sounds like you have some work ahead but I'm sure Alena will grasp it soon. I really miss you all. Hope the girls have a great halloween.

Auntie Kathy

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive