Sunday, April 27, 2008

We said goodbye










Well, we said goodbye to our first house this past week. We went crazy to be out a week earlier than planned, as the buyer's needed to move up the date.
As I finished mopping the kitchen floor and then closed the back door, the tears started flowing. I never expected to get that emotional, but it hit me hard.
It was a great house. We had a lot of good times there, no major problems or repairs, a beautiful yard that we worked really hard on and great neighbors.
I can remember the week we moved into that house. One neighbor arrived with homemade cookies, another with baked ziti and another with a laundry basket full of household necessities and food. We were blessed, as the new family will be.
They are wonderful people, that are very excited to be the new owners. They love the house and said they knew the moment they walked through the front door, that it was to be theirs.
We had such a nice time at the closing. It was my first time meeting them and the room was full of lawyers, Realtors and all of us. Everyone laughed, chatted and wrote checks!! They had lots of questions about the pond (Our koi have a new home at Doc's house though. :) ) and I got to tell them the history behind some of the special trees we planted. My favorite blue atlas cedar was purchased on Sophia's first day of kindergarten and our wedding anniversary. We've been invited to stop by at anytime, especially if I'm feeling emotional. Hahaha!
I'm happy that the packing is over for a bit and that people as excited as we were will now be enjoying a little house that has so much character. :)
Love to all,
Jenni

10 comments:

Don and Sher said...

I don't know what to say, I know it must be emotional, we had fun there.
Love Dad

looneytunes32 said...

Hi Jenni!
It's Mary (looneytunes32) from the China Adoption Forums. I happened to check it out today and found out Mark's closing it up. Had to start checking everyone's blogs to make sure I had all that I wanted; came upon yours, and had to see how you all were doing. Your girls are growing so much! Congratulations too, on selling your house! I remember when we sold our first home almost 7 years ago - it's such an emotional thing isn't it!!
Take care!
Mary, Duke, Dillon, Travis and Megan (Jiangxi - home 12/23/06)

country7 said...

Hi,
Congratulations on selling your house so quickly! We are building a house in the country too. We hope to put our current house up for sale this summer! I hope it goes as well for us as it did for you!
I hope you post some decorating tips online too as I am hopeless in that area!
Our new house is really big and that will be nice for our big family!
Mary Rose (mom to RenYi)

Jenni said...

Mary Rose- don't know if you'll look back at this, but I would love to visit your blog if you want to e-mail me the address! Thanks for visiting.

looneytunes32 said...

Jenni, I got your note on my recipe blog. Send me your email address and I'll send you an invitation to my family one. It was good to hear from you!
My email is maryd@hscompanies.com
Mary

B-squared said...

What a great house (and your backyard! cool!!) - no wonder you hated to leave. Now, even more fun and memories to look forward to. Best wishes in the move!

Angela said...

Just think of all the new memories you will make in your new home too.

Lisa said...

I know how emotional I got over leaving our old house, so I completely understand (except I didn't even like the old house--haha)!
Congrats on the quick sale and I can't wait to hear about the progress with the new place.

Cindy said...

I can only imagine how emotional that would be. You put alot into that house, memories and all!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - you got me all emotional!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive