Friday, December 19, 2008

My amazing timing...














I had emergency surgery 10 years ago, for an ectopic pregnancy the day before a fairly large 30th birthday party I was throwing for Fred. Thankfully I have fantastic family and friends and the party went on while I laid on a chaise enjoying Percocet.
Five months later I went into preterm labor with Sophia and was hospitalized the week before Christmas for what turned out to be a three month stay. A lot of the same family and friends celebrated Christmas with me in the hospital and they kept coming for the duration.
This past Saturday I started having pretty bad sharp pains in my lower left abdomen that just persisted. Tuesday I spent the day in the hospital ruling out a kidney stone and diverticulitis. Their conclusion was that I had calcifications on the left ovary and fibroids. They gave me pain medication that ended up making me reallllly sick and told me to follow up with my ob/gyn. Wednesday things were getting worse, saw the ob/gyn and had an ultrasound. There are only two fibroids that are only 1 cm. big, not causing any problems. They did find fluid indicating that a cyst had burst, but with my symptoms he really feels that the ovary that was involved with the ectopic pregnancy is twisted and needs to come out. They had removed the middle third of the tube and reattached it and he thinks that as scar tissue has formed, this is what has happened and that's causing all of the pain.
SO, Tuesday he's going to remove it. Should be a one day deal. Kinda stinks to be recovering over Christmas, but what can you do?!
The girls got their Christmas pj's from Auntie Kathy yesterday. Alena did not know what to make of the light up elf slippers and Sophia hasn't taken them off since! Thank you Aunt Kathy!!
We are getting a pretty large snow fall today that is so pretty. I've been sitting by the fire all day and the girls made a gingerbread house.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck this week Jenni. Will be thinking good thoughts on Tuesday for you. Merry Christmas!
Donna

Cindy said...

I hope you have a super quick recovery and feel better really soon!!!

Angela said...

Thinking of you and hoping your recovery is quick.

Lisa said...

Hey Jenni,

Wow, I hope you are feeling better soon. I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year.

I sent you out a Christmas card, but just realized it went to your old address. Will the post office still forward mail to you?

I love the farm house. I would love to live in a house like that on a farm. It's really beautiful.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Love to you all


Lisa and family

Anonymous said...

Jenni- what an amazing ordeal. God bless you and your family this Christmas! I wish you a speedy recovery.
Mel

Lisa said...

Hope you are doing well now!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive