Saturday, March 07, 2009

Oh, happy day!







Yay! The day has finally come! They broke ground on the new house on Thursday. They rough grated the driveway and filled in, leveled and staked where the house will be! Fred and I walked back there on Friday, looked around and took some starting pictures.
It's just so exciting after all this time!!
In a year and a half, we sold our house, moved into my parent's house, made selections on the new house, sold my parent's house, found a house to lease and moved into that, fought a Planning Board tooth & nail and then changed all of our selections on the new house because so much time has passed! Haha!

Alena is continuing to work hard on her potty training while she watches Noggin and plays Wii. =]
We are still working hard on getting her into preschool! We are on a waiting list for our first choice, have two open houses to attend over the next couple of weeks and I'm checking out another this week.

Sophia just had a week of state tests at school and they finished it off with a big ice cream party yesterday. She also took part in International Day today with her Girl Scout troop. France was their country this year. She's also been keeping busy with a new pen-pal! I made a great online friend from Kansas a few years ago and she has a little girl Soph's age. They are having so much fun with it. Everything has become so computer oriented, so it makes me happy to see them doing this.
She also made friends with two sisters that are here on the farm every weekend with their parents who have a couple of horses. They've really been enjoying running all over this place and Sophia has totally taken on the "farm girl look". LOL
"Porkchop", the potbelly pig is now venturing out of his stall each day with the warmer weather. Alena LOVES him. =]
The owner's horse "Buttercup", roams free on the farm during the day. Last week she followed me back and forth, from my van to the house with my groceries! It was hilarious!

Denise and I are planning a couple of Longaberger associated road trips that I am really looking forward to!
It's almost Spring!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see your new house completed!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the ground breaking.That is exciting!
Donna

Tiffi33 said...

Oh I am so glad that you have something started!!
THAT has got to feel fabulous!!


and that pig is sooo cute!!

I would love to have a horse follow me around..lol..I already have the dog following me EVERYWHERE...heh...

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive