Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Our Story"

Just thought I would add our "story" in here and what I think about to try to make things a little easier and put things into perspective.
We don't have troubles with conceiving, but I can't seem to remain pregnant. I had three miscarriages, and with the third pregnancy, one embryo was in the uterus and the other was in the fallopian tube. I had emergency surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy and the middle third of that tube was removed and reattached. We saw a perinatologist right after that and found out that we had once again conceived. I was terrified!! They did a lot of testing and put me on baby aspirin for inadequate blood flow to the uterus and brethine for an irritable uterus. (darn uterus!! )
I was hospitalized in a major hospital an hour from our home for three months while on magnesium sulfate and an infusion pump of terbutilene. Finally, Sophia was born, healthy!!!
We have been thankful everyday since then and just left it at that. We had one healthy and beautiful daughter.
I had another miscarriage Aug. 2004 and that was about my point of devistation. We had not planned and prepared for another child, but of course we were ecstatic, scared and that became our whole focus. Fred had mentioned adoption Sept. 2004 (two of our friends have brought their daughters home from China!) and I said "NO". I was in no way ready and had never considered it. Then in Dec. 2004 we received a Christmas card from one of the two friends with a photo of their birth son (who is our daughters age) and their new little girl that they had just brought home earlier that summer and I knew the instant that I laid eyes on that photo, that was what we were meant to do. I can't even explain the feeling that I had that moment.
I have set that picture aside to include in our future daughters scrapbook.
From there it has been full steam ahead!! Whenever I get a little down about our experiences, trials and tribulations, etc., I try to think about people who have trouble with infertility and are not able to adopt. This is such a gift to us, our daughter halfway around the world and everyone around us.

0 comments:

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive