Monday, March 06, 2006

It's all in the name!!


So, picking Sophia's name was a breeze! Not so easy this time around!! We knew that we wanted to continue with a name that ends in "a". Our three nieces on Fred's dad's side of the family all have names that end in "a" also.
Fred was not fond of very many of them that I came up with!! I had my heart set on "Marina", but that was not happening!
I finally came acrossed "Alena" one night while looking through greek names. (The spelling of Sophia that we used is also greek meaning "wisdom".) It is pronounced ah-lee-na and has various meanings one of which is "pretty" in greek! I thought that was just perfect and thank the Lord, so did Fred!
Most likely, her middle name will be part of her given Chinese name. If not, I really like "Claire".
We'll just have to wait and see!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love the names Sophia and Alena. Beautiful choices. Your blog looks great.

Anonymous said...

Alena and Sophia are really pretty names,

Marina is too, but then again, I might be a little biased *smile*

here is hoping for a speedy referral

Marina from New York.

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive