Monday, January 22, 2007

Amazing






















The love that we have for Alena is just overwhelming. It's so hard to describe. Her and Sophia are both napping right now (everyone ended up with a cold/cough) and I just sat here thinking a bit! You know the feeling you have when you give birth and they place the baby on your chest? That's the same feeling I had when her nannie placed her in my arms. I feel like she was born to us.When I held her for that first moment, it felt like I already knew her and I kissed her on her sweet little lips.It's just amazing how you're willing to eat the Cheerios that they've just taken out of their mouth and offered to you the day they become part of your family. She is definetely our baby and I just don't see how she could have fit so perfect with any other family.
We had a very nice weekend. George took us three girls out to dinner Saturday night. Mom was waiting for a new couch to be delivered and Fred had been out running all day and just stayed home to relax. Alena was as nosey as she usually is when we go out to eat. She turns around in her highchair and stares at everyone! Too funny. She was gaining a lot of attention!
Jeff & Kirstyn and the kids visited on Sunday. The kids are getting so big and are just too cute. Sophia always enjoys seeing Averey. Then we were off to Aunt Chrissy's for Aunt K's birthday! We love Chris & Joe's new house and had a very nice time. Sophia took advantage of the family gathering to sell Girl Scout cookies!! : ) Thanks everyone!
Well, they should be awake soon and Sophia wants to go get her haircut!
Love,
Jenni

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Jenni

I am so happy for you. It's great to know that all is well with you and your family. Talk with you soon.

Lisa

ps we still don't have a CA date. Go figure.

Cindy said...

What a sweetie! Is she starting to walk?

Jenni said...

Nope, not walking yet Cindy!! Sooooo close though!

Angela said...

Alena is beautiful. I am so glad to hear that everything is good(besides the colds!)

Love her little outfits, how cute.

Bella's Mommy said...

Hi Jenni

Alena just looks soo cute and happy in her pictures. I just love that smile.

PS...love the outfits too!!

Maryann

B-squared said...

Hi Jenni,
I love looking at all Alena's photos. I know exactly what you mean by that feeling that they just belong to you....I can't imagine it any other way. It's still hard believe that we've only known Keira for a little over a month.
Keep the photos coming!
Bryn

Anonymous said...

She is just so beautiful!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive