Friday, February 23, 2007

To be inspired.....














































We are all inspired from time to time regarding all kinds of things. I would love nothing more than for someone to have followed our journey or just read one of our posts and then consider adoption.
That's exactly how it happened to us. Fred had mentioned adoption one day and I blew it off. We had just suffered another miscarriage, he knew he couldn't handle the emotions of another and I couldn't handle anything at that moment!
Three months went by and we received a Christmas card in the mail from friends, with a picture of their son who is Sophia's age and their daughter they had just brought home from China that summer. The moment I looked at that picture, I knew. Adoption was right for us. We would have that Christmas card too. The journey began.
I cannot possibly convey the joy that this baby has not only brought to us, but everyone she comes into contact with. She has a grin that melts your heart. If you say "Hello" to her or catch her eye, that grin is coming your way! She is happy, sweet, funny, witty, busy and very well adjusted. She loves to pat her momma on the chest, rub my arm when we rock at night and bite her own toes!
She is just an unbelievable gift. I stare at her while we rock and cry from time to time while I think about her birth parents. They created such a beautiful person whom we will love forever and I hope that God can comfort them in seeing that they know this.
So, if you're reading this and you're feeling the slightest bit inspired and have any questions or concerns, PLEASE chat with me!! E-mail or post a comment and I will be sure to get back to you!
Latest happenings-
-We had a lovely time at Aunt K's Tea Party. Alena wore a pretty party dress and was a very well behaved little lady!
-Miss Sophia spent a night at her friend Jesse's and headed out to Pennsylvania with them to a candy and candle shop. Boy, did they have fun!! She came home with a BOAT LOAD of candy (Thanks Sandy!) and couldn't stop talking about all of the fun they had.
-Aunt Denise cares for Alena on Thursday's and this Thursday Fred and I both had to work a long day, which means Aunt Denise had a long day too! She kept me updated with hysterical e-mails from Alena throughout the day and then sent some great pictures too. She taught Alena how to catch snow flakes on her tongue and kept her up to date on the Anna Nicole Smith trial! She was kind enough to go as far as bathing Alena and having her in her pj's already. SWEET!!
- I visited Sophia's class today to introduce Alena, discuss Chinese New Year and Dental Health Ed. with them. What great kids. They were so happy to see Alena and she thought they were pretty great too! I wore her in a front carrier and she smiled away, babbled and blew raspberries at them as I tried to explain how important it is to take care of your teeth! I can't compete with her! I gave the kids really cool goodie bags that Sophia and I made up for Chinese New Year and another full of dental goodies. It was fun. Thanks to Miss Gesso for having me!Enjoy the pics!
-Bathtime at Aunt Denise's!
-Alena & momma at the Tea!
-Sophia preparing Chinese New Year bags
-Precious!
-Alena determined to get on her activity table-Thanks Gary & Arlene!
-"Here kitty kitty!"
Love to all,
Jenni

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Got one e-mail!! : )

Lisa said...

Hi Jenni,

Glad to hear all is well. I have to agree, Adoption is wonderful and heartwarming. I thank god everyday for our Lily Rose. Talk with you soon.

Lisa

B-squared said...

Hi Jenni,
What a beautiful post. And beautiful pictures too. Glad to hear you are all doing well.
Keira likes to bite her toes too....what's with those Guangxi girls??
Take care,
Bryn

Bella's Mommy said...

Jenni,

You have no idea how this post helped put some light in these very long dark days of waiting. Thank you for your sweet words.

PS...can Alena get anymore cute?? In every picture you can just see her happiness shine through!!

Jenni said...

Thanks Mare!! She's the happiest baby I have ever known. Sophia was a very content and sweet baby, but Alena is silly and always laughing.
Every day during your very long and hard wait is leading you to a baby that is going to be an unbelievably perfect member of your family. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT BABY!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni, Just got back from the cruise and it was wonderful. Great weather high 80's each day. Looks like you have been busy and the pictures are the best. Your family has been blessed and it is wonderful to know you are so happy. Love to all, Aunt Kathy

Unknown said...

Jenni, you've inspired us! I have never posted before but I cruise by here often. We just received a call from our agency that we have been approved! Now we begin the paperchase. Tomorrow we call the home study agency and send our first payment to our agency. And the jouney begins for us. I'd love to chat sometime! Kelly W. from Virginia. kelly@saraholbrook.com

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive