Saturday, February 10, 2007

Smooth transition!
















Had a wonderful first week back to work. Cried half of last weekend leading up to it and cried after leaving them at mom's on Monday morning. She forbid me to call and check on Alena, just in case she was crying, I would be a mess! A few hours into the day she called the office to let me know what an angel she was being. (Of course!!) As it turned out, she was happy as can be all week for her nannie and aunt Denise.
Sophia is so self-sufficient in the morning. Gets dressed and does her hair and we are out the door!
Alena still averages getting up once each night. Usually between 11:00 PM and 12:30 AM, has a bit of a bottle and a few minutes of rocking and off to sleep until 7:00 AM. Not so bad! I always grab her out of the crib and then go to the kitchen to make the bottle. As we walk to the kitchen we usually encounter one of the cats. She points at it, says "cat" and laughs. This usually makes me nervous, because I feel that she's pretty awake and happy and will not be going back to sleep!! She hasn't let me down yet though!
Going to miss Julianna's 2nd birthday party this evening. Sophia is soooo excited to play with her cousins and I can't wait to see Julianna and Alena play together.
Thursday I will be visiting Sophia's class to talk about "Chinese New Year" or "Spring Festival". I put together bags of goodies for them and we will be doing some celebrating here at the house next weekend, as the New Year falls on the 18th!! It will be the year of the pig!!
Enjoy the pics-
-Skyler made Alena the beautiful purple cut out decoration for Chinese New Year.
-Aunt Denise made her the awesome hat!! Loving it!
-Nannie bought her the fashionista pink fur coat (we always end up with fuzzies stuck to our lip gloss!!) and the pink hat was Sophie's!
-Sporting her Ladybug shoes from the Longaberger Homestead!
-"Life is grand: got my bottle of milk, my transportation and my fans!!"
Love,
Jenni

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Jenni,

Thank you so much for visiting our site so much. I wanted to drop by to say hello and what do I see? The most adorable little girl. She is stunning.

Talk with you soon

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,

I miss you all sooooo much....Glad going back to work went well....I know your Mom is having a great time with the girls. I am so happy I got to spend time with your beautiful family. Sure do miss the hot chocolate at night...
Luv....Auntie Kathy

Bella's Mommy said...

Alena looks soo cute in the pictures. I love the pink hat. She is one stylin' girl.

I saw Alena had on shoes from the Longaberger Homestead. Did you get Alena the kiddie purse before they retired them?? I have one here for Bella.

Jenni said...

Hey Mare!! Yes, both girls have the Kiddie Purse. I took them both out to Ohio a couple of times to get Longaberger family member signatures on them too!! Sophia keeps all of her lip glosses in hers and Alena's is on a shelf in her room!

Mary said...

Love the pictures!

Yoli said...

Just dropped in to tell you some thing you already know. Your girl is just gorgeous!

Yoli

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive