Friday, February 02, 2007

The time has come!






















Well, this is it. I go back to work on Monday. I miss my coworkers (you all know you're like family. :) ) and the patients too, but I have LOVED being home with the girls.
It has just been such a joy to get up with them each morning, have breakfast, bring Sophia to school and then Alena and I get on with our day. It's also been nice being able to pick Sophia up from school. Alena gets so excited to see her come out!
It's just been over all busy and wonderful. Alena has done wonderfully adjusting. She goes to bed around 7:30-8:00 and has been sleeping through to 4:30-7:00 depending on the day!!
We just got everything together for Soph's class for Valentine's Day and now we're going to work on some fun stuff for Chinese New Year. The school does a pretty nice job on that, but we want to do something for her class also. Her teacher also asked me to come into the class during February for Dental Health Education.
It's shaping up to be a busy month!!
We had a great time visiting with Auntie Kathy this past weekend. I wish we all lived closer!
George was in an accident over the weekend also. He totaled his Blazer while falling asleep at the wheel. He banged up his arm pretty badly, but luckily will be fine.
Last Saturday, Sophia donated 15" of her hair to Locks of Love. It was something she really wanted to do. We are very proud of her and she looks adorable. She was so excited and we took lots of pictures. There will be an article in our newspaper and she will be receiving a badge from her Brownie Troop leader!
Alena's biggest things now are these vibrating teethers. She LOVES them and thinks they are hysterical. Someone had mentioned how much their one year old likes theirs, so Auntie Kathy bought her one and I bought her another. She'll sit in her walker with her head back, chew away and giggle. It's too funny!
Her other "thing" is, I have a white rubber jar gripper that she thinks is her personal tissue.(pictured) She keeps it on her walker and everyday blows her nose on it. So, everyday I wash it and give it back. She cracks me up!!
Love to all,
Jenni

5 comments:

Bella's Mommy said...

I just love all the pictures of the girls. I especially love the picture of the two together. You can tell they are sisters.

Also, I am soo proud of Sophia for donating her hair. What a wonderful gift is she giving to a child who is ill! Not to mention how cute she looks with her new bob.

Mary said...

Keep the pictures coming...its great to see both the girls!! I love the new hair-do that Sophia has! How sweet of her to donate it!!!

Anonymous said...

hi jen,
the girls look great sophias hair looks beautiful reminds me of when you were her age.little miss jenni.hope all is well.
with all our love,
johanna and joye

Anonymous said...

Good luck back at work, Jenni! I can't believe the time has gone by so fast!

Cindy said...

I hope this week has gone well for you all!

No Hands But Ours

No Hands But Ours

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

- Helen Keller

Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive